ROUND 2: BOXING SKILLS FOLLOW UP to BOXING BASICS
WED 5:45PM (45-60min) / SAT 12:45PM (45-60min) new time !
SKILL SET - BEGINNER +(replaces rookie boxing)
- FORMAT: Immediately follows Boxing Basics - learn short/easy punch and movement combos and other boxing skills (heavy bags, jump rope, medicine ball, footwork, etc) to gain confidence and endurance
- NEXT STEP: Stay after Basics or come back on a different day - STEP UP TO BOXING WORKOUT AFTER 2-4 SKILLS CLASSES
- WHO CAN ATTEND: Anyone who has taken Basics; great re-fresh if you have been away for a while; recent experience from another boxing program
- GOAL: Every Boxer progresses at their own rate. See instructor for training advice. Boxing Skills prepares all boxers for Round 3: Boxing Workout!
- ARRIVAL: 10-15 min BEFORE class starts >> Wed 5:30, Sat 12:30
- COST: Boxing Skills - $15 (OR included with monthly dues plan)
- CLASS SIZE: max 12-16 - Current members Book here (right side) > SKILLS
- If you plan to take this as your first class, please be honest about your skill set! Boxing Basics is always a good starting point. YOU MUST REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER - link above
ROUND 4: SUPER BOXING 60/90 (new format!)
Saturday @ 10:00-11:00am (60min) or 10:00-11:30am (90min)
SKILL SET - INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED
- Ready to take Boxing Workout up a notch? Intense workout with 50% more training, including longer intervals, circuits, boxing conditioning, defense and light sparring
- STAY FOR 60 OR 90 MIN. CLASS WILL BE TAILORED TO BOTH OPTIONS
- Not suitable for beginners; dial in your training via Boxing Workout and set your goals for Super Boxing! (Note: not offered as a first class choice, thanks.)
- COST: Super Boxing - $18 (OR included with monthly dues plan)
ROUND 1: BOXING BASICS NEW BOXERS START HERE!
WED 5:15PM (30 min - max 6) / SAT 12:00PM (45 min - max 8-10)
SKILL SET - NOVICE(replaces intro to boxing)
- REQUIRED: for all new members with no experience or brief previous training
- FORMAT: learn punches (jab, cross, hook, uppercut, stance, ducking and mitt work to prepare for Round 2: Boxing Skills
- NEXT STEP: Stay for same day Boxing Skills (every boxer progresses at a different rate; see trainer for recommendations after 1st session)
- REGISTRATION & PAYMENT: Must be made in advance links above
- ARRIVAL: 10-15 min BEFORE class starts >> Wed 5:00, Sat 11:45
due to the fast nature of the session, late arrivals cannot be admitted and should reschedule; no-shows discouraged; no walk-ins, please
- CLASS SIZE: min 2/max 6-10 new boxers per Basics class - classes fill fast!
- HAND WRAPS: Available for purchase ($8/$11) or 1x borrow (no charge)
- COST: Basics only - $12 / Basics + Boxing Skills (same day) - $15
FOR BEST RESULTS, TAKE BASICS AND SKILLS ON THE SAME DAY - IF YOU CAN'T STAY FOR SKILLS, REPEAT BASICS + SKILLS ASAP OR TAKE SKILLS WITHIN THE SAME WEEK
ROUND 5: DEFENSE & SPARRING + OPEN GYM
SKILL SET - INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED
- Defense and Sparring session format depends on boxer participation - work on defense skills, practice sparring with trainer and other boxers, etc
- Open Gym - just do your own training using ALL the gym equipment or practice with other boxers (you do not need to spar to attend open gym)
- For Sparring - mouth guard, headgear and sparring waiver required
- Not suitable for beginners - no walk-ins without pre-registration links above
- COST: Open Training - $18 (OR included with monthly dues plan)
Strength & Stretch 60min; Monday @ 5:30pm All Levels
The name says it all! Strength - develop lean strength in all muscle groups using body weight, weights, elevation, movement, etc. Stretch - targeted stretches mixed throughout. Non-boxers welcome - included with monthly dues plan ($12)
ROUND 3: BOXING WORKOUT! THIS IS YOUR GOAL!
12 classes/week, daily (60min) CALENDAR
SKILL SET - INTERMEDIATE (all levels above Basics)
- Our Most Popular Class and the next step after Boxing Skills
- FORMAT: High-energy session: SKILLS, DRILLS, FORM, FOOTWORK, DEFENSE
- Partner-based gloves & mitts, heavy bags, boxing conditioning, etc. Learn challenging punch and movement combos, speed, power and agility drills, and increase endurance and whole-body strength!
- COST: Boxing Workout - $18 - (OR included with monthly dues plan)
- As with any class, please arrive at least 10-15 min prior to class start; some classes fill to capacity and late arrivals may not be admitted
- NOVICE: start in Boxing Basics / BEGINNERS (some training): start in Boxing Skills. If you wish to take this as your first class, please be honest about your skill set! YOU MUST REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER - link above
Private Lessons by appointment; please send email before completing registration to see if space is available
Conditioning 30min; Tues & Thur @ 5:30pm All Levels
Fast and efficient, Conditioning features cardio & strength intervals designed to develop endurance, core power and lean muscle - a great addition to any class. Non-boxers welcome - included with monthly dues plan ($12)
try it once. you'll be hooked!
Boxing Classes in Portland
Pick the class that best fits your skill set and follow the instructions to register