Boxing Classes in Portland
Welcome! Thanks for choosing Sweet Science Boxing. Please take a moment to review these guidelines about the gym and the boxingprogram.
intro to boxing start here! HEY LG!
This introductory class (only $12) is REQUIRED for all novice boxers, or for boxers needing skill set review. Up your fitness level by learning real boxing skills & drills technique used in all boxing classes. We'll cover Hand Wrapping, Stance, Guard/Defense, Footwork, Punches/Contact (Shadow Boxing, Mitts & Gloves, Heavy Bag), Movement (Ducking, Slipping), Breathing, Balance, Control and Other Helpful Tips.
We have classes for all experience levels; just click here CLASSES
about the gym and the program
- As a community of Boxers, we want you to feel comfortable as a first time boxer - everyone has to start somewhere. We pride ourselves in teaching real boxing techniques to all levels with a focus on fitness. Learn a new skill and have Fun!
- Boxing is a very specific skill set, so Intro to Boxing is required for all first-time boxers (see above). If the Intro to Boxing class times do not fit your schedule, text or email LG for options.
- Experienced Boxers can skip Intro to Boxing; but please follow our easy registration process to pick your first class from the Boxing Workout schedule. No walk-ins. Everyone must register in advance.
- We have Gloves and Mitts for use during class. Hand Wraps (essential gear) and Gloves are available for purchase in the pro-shop. If you already have boxing gear, bring it along.
- Classes are for Adults (18+)
- We don't have a strong youth program, and past experiments of having teens participating in adult classes has not been the best fit. I encourage you to contact these boxing gyms with Youth Programs: Matt Dishman/Knott Street Gym, Rip City Boxing or West Portland Boxing
- We have membership options to suit many levels of participation. See the prices page for details and online payments
- All classes start on time! Please arrive 10-15 min early to be ready for class. Late arrivals make us sad...
- Instructors may be subject to change without notice; please view calendar or schedule for updates
- Choose theclass time that fits in your schedule. The gym is open for training 7 days a week
- Wear appropriate workout clothes and sneakers, bring a water bottle, towel, etc.
- The facility has separate guys and girls locker rooms and one shower.
- Optional sparring program available (just ask). We host semi-annual exhibition matches for our internal team, with spectators welcome.
- We DO NOT coach for amateur competition and are not affiliated with any sanctioned boxing organizations. No MMA, Kickboxing or other martial arts are practiced here.
- Private Lessons (one/one or groups) and Workshops for any level of training; limited availability by appointment.
Still have questions? Send an email or text 503.380.2192 and I'll get back to you soonest.
Hands up! See you at the gym. Love, LG