Boxing Classes in Portland
Welcome! Thanks for choosing Sweet Science Boxing. Please take a moment to review these guidelines about the gym and the boxingprogram.
OUR TRAINING PROGRAM HAS CHANGED!! PLEASE VISIT THE CLASSES PAGE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
current members only:
info update form
please complete this form if you filled out the old paper waivers and/or if any important information has changed since you became a new member
about the gym and the program
- As a community of Boxers, we want you to feel comfortable as a first time boxer - everyone has to start somewhere.
- We pride ourselves in teaching real boxing techniques to all levels with a focus on fitness. Learn a new skill and have Fun!
- Boxing is a very specific skill set, so BOXING BASICS is required for all first-time boxers (visit classes page for description).
- If the Boxing Basics class times do not fit your schedule, text or email LG for options.
- Experienced Boxers can skip Boxing Basics; but please follow our easy registration process and pick your first class from the Boxing Workout schedule.
- No walk-ins. Everyone must register in advance.
- Be smart about the location of the gym relative to your home/work in relation to your fitness needs
- If you live in deep SE, deep NE or SW, or outlying areas our gym is a long commute and you may find yourself unable to attend regularly. Consistent training of at least 2 days per week leads to improvement in this sport
- We have Gloves and Mitts for use during class. Hand Wraps (essential gear) and Gloves are available for purchase in the pro-shop.
- If you already have boxing gear, bring it along. (Avoid big box retailers - their boxing gear is sub-par)
- Classes are for Adults (18+)
- We don't have a strong youth program, but there are several gyms in the greater Portland vicinity with kid's and teen boxing programs (email for suggestions if you have a youth or teen interested in the sport)
- Some mature teens (16/17) may be eligible to participate, but it's generally not a good fit in the adult program
- We have membership options to suit many levels of participation. See the prices page for details and online payments
- All classes start on time! Please arrive 10-15 min early to be ready for class. Late arrivals make us sad...
- Instructors may be subject to change without notice; please view calendarfor updates
- Choose the class time that fits in your schedule. The gym is open for training 7 days a week
- Wear appropriate workout clothes and sneakers, bring a water bottle, towel, etc.
- The facility has separate guys and girls locker rooms and one shower.
- Optional sparring program available (just ask). We host semi-annual exhibition matches for our internal team, with spectators welcome.
- We DO NOT coach for amateur competition and are not affiliated with any sanctioned boxing organizations. No MMA, Kickboxing or other martial arts are practiced here.
- Private Lessons (one/one or groups) and Workshops for any level of training
- limited availability by appointment - send email for more info
Still have questions? Send an email or text 503.380.2192 and I'll get back to you soonest.
Hands up! See you at the gym. Love, LG
All information is confidential and is not shared with any third party, ever.